Thursday, December 26, 2013

Power's Out

Hay!  Power's out so here's a quick assortment of photos from last week


We decorated for Christmas!  Also we listened to the song "Do they Know It's Christmas" at least 50 times.  I can't imagine why that song never caught on... In case you're wondering about the accuracy of the the lyrics, I'll give you a quick run down.  1) Mozambicans don't have snow for Christmas because they're in the Southern Hemisphere.  2) Mozambicans definitely drink water, not bitter streams of tears. 3) Many things grow here, also there are rivers.  4) Yes, they know it's Christmas.


I made a Christmas Bush


This is where the water comes from.


On Christmas morning we got up and made Pancakes and Gingerbread cookies!  This is Kisato, she's form Japan.  They have an overseas volunteer group too!

We had a really nice Christmas. I was in Inhassoro again.  We played Yatzee and ate some sausages.  Very wholesome.


These next pictures are from my town.  We'll be spending New Years there.  


Vito LOVES this toy alligator.

This is how I get water.  This platform is about 7 feet tall, so after I haul up buckets of water and fill my jugs I have to wrestle them down off the platform.  Usually its very embarassing and I always end up with mud in my hair.




Then Vito helps me carry the water back to my house...


This is Vito's new baby sister.  She's not having a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment