Sunday, September 15, 2013

What I'm eating

This fruit.  It's green.  About the size of a softball and hard.  It grows on trees that look dead, except they have these bright green globes hanging off them--like one of those ridiculous Easter-egg trees....


You crack it open like a coconut and there's this brain inside.  It's not attached to the inside at all so it can spin in there.  Like a slimy brain ball.




It has big seeds covered in pulp.  You suck on the seeds and gnaw the pulp off and spit them out.  It tastes like an apple and a banana had a baby. 

I give it a thumbs up.  I'd tell you the name, if I could remember.  It starts with M...massanga?  massaniga?  I don't know, but don't worry you're probably not going to find this in the grocery store anyway.



1 comment:

  1. I actually think I've had these at Fruit & Spice Park... I wonder.

    ReplyDelete