Sunday, September 15, 2013

School Birthday!

Turns out September 5th is the day we celebrate the inauguration of our school (by the president of Finland no less....).  The celebration involves step aerobics, scientific displays and soccer.  It also involves cancelling classes and not telling the foreign guy.  Oh well.
Step Aerobics!

Everybody is doing step aerobics!  I did not participate because I was the designated photographer, obviously.  Also, I wouldn't want to show off. 

11th graders demonstrating their moringas.  This tree is used to supplement the nutrition of people living with HIV/AIDS because it's so nutrient rich.  Also I guess if you make a tea of the root it's good for diabetes.

Pre-game warmup dance/hug?

The teams ready to go.

Footwear

In other football related news.  The district is hosting kiddie-soccer-tournaments at my school.  Most of the kids don't have cleats.  They just run around in socks.  Some kids don't even have socks.  They play barefoot.  The field is full of rocks and broken glass.   

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam. It's Jena. E-mail me details about the soccer kiddies. I might can get some footwear donations going.

    ReplyDelete