Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Machamba!

Hi Internet Friends!

This is my new passion.  My machamba (that translates to FARM but really it's like...a family garden).

I'm learning how to do this as I go along so there have been some hiccups (and some marauding pigs that I would LOVE to convert to bacon).

Also I went home to AMERICA for a week and have remembered how weird life in Moz is.  Now that I've readjusted my attitude, look forward to some more blog posts.


This is a pea plant!  One of the few vegetables that I cannot find in Moz.  I also planted edamame, sweet corn, heirloom tomatoes, bush beans, green beans, three carrots (there were more, but...pigs...) a variety of pumpkin and melon type things but I've forgotten which (it'll be a surprise!), and couve.  

Couve is the only mozmamplant so far.  I have no idea what it Actually is but it's in the Kale family and it tastes like cabbage and broccoli had a baby.  It's very good with coconut milk and peanut flour.


My machamba is very far from my house.  I'm hoping that it stays a secret machamba when the kids come back to school--my 9 year old friends Avo and Francelinho who are my machamba-helpers tell me that the school kids will eat my vegetables.  


I'm not worried, though.  I have a guard dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment