Wednesday, May 28, 2014

where there is no microwave

At the beginning of May I had a week long break between Trimesters.  I spent some time in Tofo and then headed up to Amy's site.  She was teaching so I spent the week having some cooking adventures.  My kitchen is extremely small with an extremely large roach population, so I don't enjoy cooking at home.  Amy's house has a non-existent roach population, lots of room to cook (she lives in a converted classroom! cool!) and she has lots of fancy ingredients.  

Here are a few of the things I made...

In college I worked for food service...one of the things I did was make to-go-sushi, you know, the kind in those little plastic boxes with gummy piles of pink ginger and crusty wasabi surrounded by spiky plastic grass that you grab from the cooler by the cash register?  I was the person who made that...  


That was over 10 years ago, but I dug deep and summoned the muscle memory and managed to
come up with something surprisingly sushi like.




Amy thought it was good.


Then it was Amy's birthday, so I made some peanut butter cookies.  Then I made some peanut-butter-cookie-candy-ball amalgamations (abominations).  They were good as long as you didn't exceed the recommended serving size of just looking at the cookie.  Anymore than that and it was stomachache city, but the journey there was delicious at least.


THEN! I made a meatloaf.  There were mashed potatoes too...


It was a delicious vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment