Sunday, April 20, 2014

End of the 1st Trimester

I'm getting to the end of the first trimester of my second year of teaching.  This year is going much better than last year.  A majority of my students are passing, I'm even having a fun time in the classroom.  I'm also starting to think a lot about what I'm going to be doing when I get out of here.  Fantasizing about hot running water and washing machines and fast food.  McDonalds, TacoBell...grocery stores with cheese.

But then Filomena comes over and reminds me how sad she will be when I leave in November.  And I'll be sad too.  I wish I could just pick these guys up and transplant them to the land of convenience food and infrastructure.


Avo and Moosey came over to visit today.  Look at Moosey's beautiful weave and hand-made school uniform.


Little Sister Grandma (Mana Avozinha) is hip.

 They colored some Mozambican flags.


The other day it rained.






This kid never stops.... 



This is probably what he's saying....

"Tio! Tio! Tio! Tio!"  
"Yes, Vito"  (That's me)
"Is this a dog?"
"Yes, Vito"
"Tio! Tio! Tio! Tio!"
"Yes, Vito"
"You have hair!"

"....yes, Vito"
..........

No comments:

Post a Comment